This large intesting pattern is part of a series of patterns I'm releasing that fit together to create a complete digestive tract. I have altready published a lot of these patterns, including those for the small intestine and the stomach.
You will need:
- A 2mm crochet hook
- A 2.5mm crochet hook
- Anchor creativa fino 4ply cotton in apricot (at least 3 balls)
- cream dk cotton
- Black dk yarn (for the eyes - optional)
- A scrap of white embroidery thread (optional)
- A darning needle
- Polyester toy stuffing
- This pattern includes the back-to-front single crochet stitch (bfsc). A video to show you how to do this can be found here. It's pretty simple but if you can't work it out you can just use a regular single crochet stitch, but this will give it a slightly different look.
- Ideally the slip stitches on the rows using bfsc should also be made in this way, pulling the yarn through from the side facing you to the opposite side. Again it's not fundamanetal to the pattern but it improves the look of the piece.